I have received a bad check. What can I do?

The issuance of a check on an account that is closed or has insufficient funds may constitute a crime for which the maker of the check may be prosecuted. The issuance of a check that is not honored may also give rise to a civil claim for damages. Your option to proceed will depend on […]